Thursday, August 5, 2010

While dining out, Dine right

Sorry all that I have not been able to keep up with this blog as much as I would like. For some strange reason my computer has decided that it did not want to work anymore so i am with no way to update this blog unless from the library where I am today. Enough with that and on to the weight loss. So as I have said in previous post that I went on a diet 1st and then did weight watchers. well with the diet I lost 20 pounds, now with weight watchers I have lost an additional 46 pounds and today I am hoping to reach my 50 pound goal with weight watchers. I am so close to this goal I can almost taste it but getting here has not been flowers and butterflies. Some very helpful tips that I have learned that has helped me get to this point is not to change how you eat completely (because then you will feel deprived and not stick with it) but in stead to modify the way you eat. As you all should no by now I am a college student and before I started my weight loss journey I ate out every single day most of the time for all 3 meals of the day. Now that I am losing weight I still eat out just about every single day most of the time 3 times a day, but now instead of going to the Mexican restaurant and eating the whole basket of chips, and getting the "combo" now I go and I count out 5 chips and break those chips into smaller peaces and PUSH the basket away. The reason it is a good idea to break up the chips is one so you still feel as if you are getting the same amount of chips because we tend to eat to volume, and secondly that way you can get more of the salsa which is healthy for you, and it is also a feeling food so it will give you the feeling of being satisfied longer. Another way is to order smaller portions like i said before instead of getting the "combo" meal just get something off the a la carte menu. Listen to your body it will tell you when it is full or satisfied make sure you can learn the difference because being full does not always mean that you have eating so much that you have to unbutton your pants. By ordering off the a la carte menu you will find it easier to only eat the one taco for example because you won't have another one just seating on your plate staring at you calling your name, but you will also tell it in your pocket book. Never in my life did I think I could go out to a restaurant and eat for less than $5.00 but ever since I started watching my weight my stomach has been getting smaller and my wallet getting BIGGER. Well I am going to go now and get ready for weight watchers and hope and pray that I have met my 50 pound goal. So wish me luck and I can't wait to type to you all again, have a great week.

1 comment:

  1. u inspire me son i have lost 3 pounds may not seem like a lot but 2 me it is a great start i know how far u have come with your weight loss and i know u will reach goal i pray i reach mine a total of 100 pounds i want 2 lose own 3 yeahhhhh me only 97 more 2 go your updates keep me moivated so keep it up son im praying 4 u pray 4 me 2 congrats 2 u on all your accomplishments love u.

    ReplyDelete